Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A little bit personal…

A few years ago, I think it was 2003, I was transferred in my company to Nogales, Arizona. It was supposed to have been a 6-month deal, where I got the design department moving quickly forward. Fast forward a year and a half and I tell them, "either I get transferred back to Tucson, or I go on my own," and I wound up at my current employer, who I love working for.

Long story short, I ended up quite depressed down in Nogales. A serious feeling of futility and a feeling like I was stuck there forever. In that process I gained quite a bit of weight - about 40 some odd lbs. Today, I feel like I am finally ready to say enough is enough. So, I thought by posting this I could hold myself to a little higher degree and get serious about getting in shape.

So, that's it in a nutshell. I have a few goals right now and I'll try and post any good low cal/fat recipes that I come up with. First to edit is my carrot cake, followed very shortly by a green chicken pozole.

1 comments:

Arabian Acres said...

That's so wonderful Kerrie that you are putting yourself ahead of things such as a job. As much as we need them, our life is important. If you need any additional help, support, tips, recipes, etc.... please let me know. Your sisters and brother are never too far away! :)