Thursday, February 14, 2008

20,000 Miles On My Ducati

Today, I passed 20,000 miles on my beloved Ducati GT 1000. I bought this bike at the end of July, in 2006 and haven't looked back since. The bike and I have been all over the western half of the United States from the coast of California, into Arizona (obviously), New Mexico and Colorado.

For those who don't ride, the only way I can describe it, is that it is a very freeing thing for a person to do. When you are in a car and travel, you are protected by a little piece of glass and steel and upholstery. When you are on the bike, you are constantly bombarded by smells, sounds, and movement. You really experience the planet more. You notice the wind and the clouds and that patch of wildflowers you just passed.


Yes, that does indeed say 20,019 miles and no, I have never taken this bike up to 160 mph! I'm not sure it could even go that fast.

Well, enough of my ramblings! Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

0 comments: