Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Healthcare Costs…

So, moving forward with Ashley's health care I'm at a small dilemma. We have officially canceled our 11th Anniversary trip to the coast of California. I'm also spending a bit of money on the whole thing, so I'm toying with the idea of finding a part-time job to pay for the costs of medication. I know most people think, "it's just a cat." But she is a member of my family and since she is not in pain, I don't see how I could simply end her life for my convenience. I'm also putting the Ducati up for sale—if anything, money that I make from that can re-pad my savings account. The third thing I've done is opted to be incredibly frugal.

Here's my dilemma. I have recently started to get into sewing, but can no longer put money towards that hobby. If anyone has any ideas on how to be a frugal seamstress please present them. And if anyone has any leftover fabric that's just laying about the house unused, unwanted, I'd gladly take it off your hands. I'm certainly not looking for handouts, but I know I have a lot of scrapbooking supplies and would be interested in an exchange. Seriously, a lot of supplies—the puzzle place I worked at owned a scrapbooking company for a while and I got lots of freebies.

By the way, this all just sucks. I know animals get old and die, like everything else in this world. But knowing that in the future I will likely have to choose for euthanasia is heartbreaking to me. There's a saying the pets give you unconditional love because they have to break your hearts when they die. I totally agree.

2 comments:

Sunrise said...

I'm so sorry about Ashley. It is so hard to watch our beloved animals suffer.

I've got loads of fabric, although I don't know how much of it is something you'd use. I'll totally ship it off to you just to get it out of my garage.

My primary source of cheap fabric: Visit local thrift stores and look through the bedding and curtains.

Mountain Mama said...

Agree with the thrift stores. You can also use old t-shirts and men's shirts. Also, JoAnn's always has a 40% off coupon.

My husband would tell me the best way to be thrifty is to use the fabric I already have. But what does he know?